Oral health requires an early start.
Access to Baby and Child Dentistry (ABCD) puts young children across Washington State on a lifelong path to good oral health. ABCD connects low-income families with providers who know how to care for young children, focusing on prevention and avoiding tooth decay, as well as educating parents about how to take good care of their children’s teeth.
- Do you have any children 5 years old or younger?
- Are they enrolled in Apple Health (Medicaid) or do they have a ProviderOne service card (in the past, “medical coupons”)?
- Does the child live in Washington State?
- Do you have a child under 13 with a disability and a DDA indicator?
If you answered yes to all of the above questions then your child is eligible for the program and ABCD staff will make every effort to find the right dentist for you.
- A fluoride varnish application every four months
- 2 yearly dental exams
- 2 yearly parent education sessions
- Restorative care as needed
How ABCD Can Help
- Help with finding a dentist
- Arrange transportation to and from the dental office
- Work with the dental office to assure you have interpreter services if needed
- Give your children a great start in life by making sure baby their teeth are healthy
- Prevent tooth pain later on in life
For more information about the ABCD Program, please contact the ABCD Coordinator:
Every Child Deserves to Be Healthy!
Dentistlink helps everyone, whether you have dental insurance, or not! Get connected to a Washington state dentist for the dental care you need to be healthy.