Public records may be inspected and/or copies made through a request for public records directed to the Public Records Officer.
Cost of Public Records
Chelan-Douglas Health District charges $0.15 per page for copying, plus the cost of postage where applicable. There is no charge for inspecting public records, but an appointment may be required. Office hours are Monday – Thursday, 8 AM – 5 PM and Friday 8 AM – 12 PM (except on official holidays or otherwise noted). To make an appointment, please call (509) 886-6400.
To request a copy of public records, download and fill out the Request for Access to Public Records form. The completed form can be returned by:
- Email: PublicRecordsRequest@cdhd.wa.gov
- Fax: (509) 886-6449
- Mail or In Person: Chelan-Douglas Health District
Attn: Public Records Officer
200 Valley Mall Parkway
East Wenatchee, WA 98802
The Chelan-Douglas Health District Public Records Officer will respond to your records request within 5 business days of receiving the request, to give you an estimated date for completion on your request. If you have questions regarding your request, call the Public Records Officer at (509) 886-6400.
Please Note: If protected health information is being requested, the public records request must originate by the person whose protected health information is being requested and the records request form must be notarized.
Septic Public Records Request
CDHD maintains records of Septic related documents. If you would like to request documents, fill out a Septic Record Request Form and email the request to SepticPublicRecordsRequest@cdhd.wa.gov (Please be as specific as possible for the documents that you desire)
- As-Built: A drawing or schematic of the septic system as it was installed.
- Septic Permit: A document stating the approval of the designed septic system, a short summary of system capacity (number of bedrooms), property description, and additional requirements.
- Site Evaluation: A document detailing the soil types and general topography found in the area.
- Application: Our application that is filled out by the applicant for the proposed use.
- Design: A detailed document that illustrates the proposed septic system to be installed.
- Operation & Maintenance: A form stating the condition of the septic system, including the inspection and maintenance actions taken.
- Water Information: May include a combination, or none of the following - Well/Pump test reports, Lab analysis documents, Well agreements, Water Availability letters, Restrictive Covenants, Water Right, Joint use agreement.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Who needs septic As-Built information?
State Law requires homeowners to maintain their septic systems. As-Built drawings illustrate the tank, drain field, and auxiliary equipment. This information is also useful for:
- Owners performing landscaping or building.
- Septic professionals performing construction or repair.
- Real estate professionals preparing for purchase or sale.
- What information is in an As-Built?
The information can differ based upon the year and individual creator of the As-Built, but often includes:
- Year installed
- Tank Size
- Drain field location and size
As-Built Record Drawing Form
This form is to be used after installation is completed (Usually submitted by installer or designer of the system). Please complete this form and return to the Chelan-Douglas Health District: As-built Record Drawing Form.