East Wenatchee, WA – Recent testing at an agricultural congregate housing facility in Chelan Falls resulted in a slight uptick of positive Coronavirus (COVID-19) cases in Chelan County. Initial testing showed some workers had positive COVID-19 test results and that led the agricultural facility to test all members of the congregate housing unit. The five (5) farmworkers who recently tested positive for COVID-19 are currenlty in isolation.
Chelan-Douglas Health District is working with the agricultural industry to educate employees and employers about the COVID-19 virus. Public health urges all public members, especially those who are in some way connected to anyone in the agriculture industry, to continue to take public health precautions seriously. These are ways you can help stop the spread:
• Wear a mask in public;
• Wash your hands often or use hand-sanitizer;
• Keep you distance from others in public – 6 feet if possible;
• Limit entire families going to a grocery store;
• Avoid social gatherings with people outside of your household; and
• Get tested for COVID-19 if you have a fever, chills, dry cough, headache or body ache, recent loss of taste or smell.
Please educate yourself and help educate others. Together, we can help stop the spread of COVID-19 and work our way towards healthier and safer communities. The Chelan-Douglas Health District urges you to Be a Protector – Not an infector. For more information, visit www.cdhd.wa.gov and follow us on Facebook & Twitter.
Get the latest on local COVID-19 trends, news and helpful resources from Chelan-Douglas Health District, weekly in your inbox.